I LOVE the taste of ginger root, and it has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, so it is a staple in my kitchen! Ginger mixed with vitamin C packed citrus fruits, and super hydrating watermelon, is so delicious, and will help fight your cold or flu. I crave smoothies even when it's cold out, like it was today, so I drank this with a cup of my favorite peppermint tea.
- 1/2 a mini watermelon
- handful of frozen mango (I buy these from Trader Joes)
- a couple frozen cherries (Trader Joes)
- diced ginger root
- 5 clementines or tangerines
- lime juice - to taste
- Dice the fresh ginger root and place it in your vitamix or other high speed blender.
- Blend the ginger and some of the fresh watermelon first, so that the ginger becomes thoroughly ground before adding other ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender.