My spring roll wrapping skills need a lot of work, but this was a super delicious little lunch so I'm going to share anyway
- sushi rice
- 4 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- roasted sweet potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 mango
- 1 cucumber
- marinated tofu
- chili sauce
- coconut sugar
- rice vinegar
1. Cook the sushi rice according to its instructions, and then stir in 4 tablespoons rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. It should get slightly sticky and slightly sweet!
2. While the rice is cooking thinly slice the carrots, cucumber, and mango - a mandolin slicer makes this step easier.
3. Now it's time to roll! Place a sheet of nori on top of the sushi roller. Keep a small bowl of water close by, dip your hands into the water (to avoid sticking) and pat a very thin layer of rice all over the nori.
4. Arrange a generous serving of your veggies in a line at the bottom 3/4 of the rice closest to you.
5. Start to roll the nori and rice over with your fingers, and once the veggies are covered, roll the mat over to mold and compress the roll. Continue until it’s all the way rolled up. A serrated knife works best to slice the individual sushi pieces.