Veggie sushi is a perfect food, super simple and satisfying.
- sushi nori
- purple cabbage
- baby gems lettuce
- sushi rice
- rice vinegar
- sea salt
- coconut sugar
1. Cook the sushi rice according to the instructions on the package. I usually make two cups of rice for my boyfriend and I. Once the rice is cooked stir in the rice vinegar, coconut sugar, and sea salt, it should get slightly sticky and slightly sweet!
2. Thinly slice the veggies, and feel free to use any veggies you want! I recommend adding sweet potato and mango as well, I just didn't have any on the day I took this photo.
3. Now it's time to roll it all up! Place a sheet of nori on top of your bamboo sushi roller. Keep a small bowl of water close by, dip your hands into the water (to avoid sticking) and pat a very thin layer of rice all over the nori.
4. Arrange your veggies in a line at the bottom 3/4 of the rice closest to you.
5. Start to roll the nori and rice over with your fingers, and once the veggies are covered roll the mat over to mold and compress the roll. Continue until it's all the way rolled up. A serrated knife works best to slice the individual sushi pieces.